Health & Wellbeing Programme Officer
The Heart of a Town Lies in its People” and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Specialist Support Services team to launch and manage the Health & Wellbeing programme delivered to our older residents in our Independent Living and Flexicare accommodation. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about the health and wellbeing of older people with a particular focus on dementia and tackling lonliness.
The post holder will be responsible for successful delivery of a programme of health and wellbeing events, linking in with various Health and Wellbeing strategies. The post holder must be able to build strong working relationships with professionals and residents to effectively promote the programme ensuring it has a high profile.
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent communication skills at all levels
- ability to engage with a large group of people
- experience of networking and relationship building
- marketing and promotion skills and experience
- a flexible outlook and attitude to working in a customer focussed team.
- good knowledge and understanding of services for older and/or disabled people
- a dynamic, enthusiastic, pro-activce and creative approach
- experience of applying for funding and managing performance informaton
- good organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks similtaniously
- be able to work on your own initiative and have excellent attention to detail.
- excellent computer skills (competent in using Microsoft Office IT packages including Excel)
This position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and Value Based Interview.
For an informal discussion, please contact Kelly Holland or Karen Long on 01438 242666 .
For an application pack and to apply online, please visit https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/job-vacancies
Applications must be returned by midnight on Sunday 1st November 2020.
Please note that Stevenage Borough Council cannot accept CV’s, all applications must be made on the Council’s standard application form which can be found at the above link.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click here.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Homelessness Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Supported / sheltered housing Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Tenant services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage