Role Title: Taxation Manager
Salary: £30,755 - £51,250
Team: Finance and Performance
Directorate: Corporate Recourses
Recruiting Manager: Kathryn Addison
Closing Date: 02/11/2020
This is an overview of the role:
As a result of the commercial nature of the Agency’s activities it is subject to Corporation Tax and has complex VAT considerations in relation to land transactions and partnering arrangements. The role will assesses the correct VAT treatment for individual transactions, prepare quarterly VAT returns, make estimates of the Agency’s Corporation Tax liability and Deferred Tax for the Agency’s financial statements and liaise with HMRC and external suppliers to organise annual corporation tax submissions.
The role will also assist colleagues in the Agency's Technical Accounting team with:
• review of projects and new programmes to determine the correct accounting and budget treatment;
• development of IT systems and business critical Excel models;
• production and delivery of training materials for Finance and delivery teams.
The successful person will be responsible for:
•Agency compliance with Corporation tax and VAT regulations and requirements
•Ad-hoc tax advice for transactions and projects
•Preparation and submission of VAT and corporation tax returns to HMRC
•Reporting to Board and its Committees to keep them informed of current status and emerging issues
•Supporting the review of new accounting standards and guidance issued by HM Treasury in the FReM and provision of guidance to other Finance teams to ensure that information is captured, recorded and reported appropriately in line with statutory and public sector accounting and budget requirements.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Essential - Recognised professional accountancy qualification, such as ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA.
• Desirable - Recognised tax qualification, such as CTA or ATT
• Technical knowledge including VAT and Corporation Tax
• Experience of production of VAT and Corporation Tax returns
• Data interrogation and analysis
• Report writing
• Experience of tax within group structures
• Knowledge of government accounting requirements
• Property/housing sector experience
• Knowledge of Business Objects or similar reporting tools
•Presenting and passing on correct information promptly. Being aware and considerate of other’s work requirements and well-being. Fostering mutually constructive and respectful relationships internally and externally.
•Sharing your view, providing advice and backing it up with facts. Positively engaging with change. Taking personal responsibility for closing off tasks, projects and activities.