Senior Manager Investment Risk
Role Title: Senior Manager Investment Risk
Salary: £61,000 - £71,161
Grade: Senior Specialist
Location: Newcastle, London, Coventry, Bristol, Leeds, Liverpool
Team: Investment Risk
Directorate: Corporate Resources
Recruiting Manager: Ryan Telfer
Closing Date: 02/11/2020
This is an overview of the role:
Homes England is the government’s housing, land and regeneration agency, and the regulator of social housing providers in England. It is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG). The £4.5bn Home Building Fund administered by Homes England, launched on 3rd October 2016. This provides government supported development and infrastructure finance to increase the number of new homes being built in England.
The principal purpose of the of role of Senior Manager, Investment Risk is to be a key contributor to the on-going development and enhancement of best practice in financial risk management in respect of the Government’s £4.5billion Home Building Fund. In certain cases the role may involve being granted an element of Delegated Authority to sanction transactions.
You will be the first line of credit assessment within Homes England and must be capable of evaluating investment proposals and providing concise analysis and recommendations. The individual may direct and support the role of Manager Investment Risk.
The role demands sound awareness of policy, procedures and risk appetite and the ability to communicate these in a timely and commercial manner in assessing and mitigating risk.
The successful person will be responsible for:
• Leading the identification and management of risk concentrations and adverse trends, including
bad and doubtful debt, large exposures, recommending action where appropriate.
• Analysis and recommendation of credit proposals in line with agency timescales – including the provision of succinct recommendation paper.
• Forming a credit assessment of potential borrowers’ propositions and acting proactively with stakeholders to meet Investment demands whilst operating within the agreed Risk appetite.
• Effective monitoring of key risk indicators.
• Becoming a point of reference for professional support and input to policy design and delivery.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Degree level qualification or equivalent experience.
• Qualified Banker (e.g. Chartered Banker), Accountant (e.g. Chartered Accountant), Surveyor (Chartered Surveyor), or similar.
• A good level of professional competence to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management.
• Good understanding of how the “Bank” process operates in the Risk arena including the practical application of the necessary controls and checks.
• Ability to assess risk trends both internally and externally.
• Collaborative working is key - there is a requirement to liaise with key stakeholders in Investments and MHCLG as well as other important areas of Homes England. The Investment Risk team has strong relationships that require to be maintained and further developed. Sharing ideas and professional knowledge is key.
• An attitude to deliver commercial input in determining appropriate investment structures and decsions, to find solutions, and to simplify processes and make them efficient (whilst providing risk assurance) are important aspects of the role.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol