Strategic Complaints Manager – Homelessness
The Heart of a Town Lies in its People and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do. Stevenage is being transformed and Stevenage Borough Council is leading the change with its “Future Town Future
We are looking for an organised, resilient and proactive individual to work across the Providing Homes teams focusing on customer insight, co-ordinating and responding to Customer complaints, Member requests, MP Enquiries as well as managing, in conjunction with the Communications Manager the response from the Providing Homes, Housing and Investment service to national and social media complaints and comments.
The post holder will support the improvement work delivered by the Continuous Improvement Managers to embed the learning outcomes from complaints and ensure that revised process relating to Housing Options, Homelessness and Lettings to reflect any service reviews as a direct result of complaints. This role will be influential in contributing to the transformation programme and planning the delivery programme with colleagues based on the outcome and subject areas of complaints.
This could be a great new opportunity for you to help achieve excellence in a hardworking and fast paced service.
This role will require a Basic DBS and a Value Based interview.
You will have:
- Significant experience of working in a complaints role co-ordinating responses across a number of disciplines
- Working knowledge of relevant housing legislation such as; Landlord and Tenant Act, Homeless Reduction Act, Welfare Reform Act, Building safety legislation and any other relevant homelessness legislation
- A working knowledge of part 6 and 7 of the Housing Act 1996
- Knowledge of good practice in customer care, with a proven track record of delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to remain professional when acting on behalf of vulnerable and disadvantaged customers
- Ability to gather complex information and present it in an understandable way
- Ability to diffuse tense situations, to deal calmly and confidently in emotional situations and when dealing with angry or upset customers.
The council provides a great range of benefits for its staff, including –
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Generous leave entitlement
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Hannah Morris on 07522233439 (please quote the post number on your application)
For an application pack and to apply online, please visit www.stevenage.gov.uk/job-vacancies. Please quote the correct post reference number when applying.
Please note that Stevenage Borough Council cannot accept CV’s, all applications must be made on the Council’s standard application form which can be found at the above link.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 23:00 Sunday 1 November 2020
Interviews will be held week commencing: 9th and 16th November 2020
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for all.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Homelessness Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Supported / sheltered housing Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage