Assistant Support Worker - The Roses and The Trees
Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
Wecurrently manage over 7,000 homes and employs over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have full time (37.5 hours per week) and part time (22.5 hours per week) opportunities for Assistant Support Workers to work within our services The Trees and the Roses, to support service users with Autism, Heightened Anxieties and challenging behaviour. The services have been established for 12 years and provide a home for 7 adults. We support the service users to live as independently as possible and are built on the provision of a suitable sensory environment in which lifelong learning and development goals can be achieved.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This will involve personal care administering and ordering medication, organizing activities to include social inclusion and supporting the residents on day trips out.
As an Assistant Support Worker you will follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximizes their independence.
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognize the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will be caring and enthusiastic who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference your support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £9.30 per hour plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Applicants with a valid driving licence are essential for this role
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Assistant Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Assistant Support Worker job description.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes