Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live. With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve this People Powered Living.
We are recruiting for an Area Surveyor to carry out surveying duties associated with the delivery of a customer focused responsive repairs and voids service, ensuring high levels of satisfaction are achieved. You will ensure repairs arising on the assets you manage are completed on time, to good quality and to the right cost. You will also ensure all relevant legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements relating to health and safety are met with respect to the provision of good quality housing and the delivery of a professional repairs and voids service.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working as a Surveyor in a social housing maintenance environment
- Experience specifying works orders using a schedules of rates qualifications
- Ability to solve problems within the parameters set out by policies and procedures
- Full clean driving licence with access to own transportation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Interview date: 12th November
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you can benefit from our comprehensive in-house training to continue developing your skills. We offer excellent benefits, including:
- 28 days annual leave plus public holidays and an additional Belief Day, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Matched contribution pension scheme (up to 9%)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
- Life assurance scheme
- Paid volunteer days
- Plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a basic background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, once an offer of employment is made.