Concierge - Extra Care
Guinness Care is a charitable organisation that specialise in care services for older people and adults with learning disabilities. We want to provide great person-centred services to enable our customers to live positive, independent lives.
We are looking for a temporary Concierge at Fitzwilliam Court in Barnsley on a 12 months fixed term contract. This is a part time role working 9am to 5.00pm on a Saturday & Sunday.
Fitzwilliam Court is an Extra Care Housing scheme housing the over 55’s and has 48 purpose-built apartments.
- Provide a high quality and responsive ‘front of house’ service for customers; provide communications, advice and solutions for repairs, tenancy management and rents
- Engage and communicate effectively with customers and provide advice on local area information, services and events
- Project a professional manner all times with an emphasis on hospitality and warmth.
- Respond positively and quickly, using agreed standards to resolve customer complaints, issues and challenges, ensuring any anti-social behaviour is defused asap
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and guidance at all times in relation to the delivery of services that are your responsibility
- Ensure that concierge checklists and incident reports are completed as required
- Complete visual inspections of fire equipment and complete relevant paperwork to report any defects
- Ensure that all communal and landscaped areas are clean and maintained to the highest of standard in line with agreed specifications, targets and timescales for action
- Liaise closely with on-site contractors and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disruption; keeping customers informed and updated of progress of ongoing works
- Experience of working with customers and acting on their feedback to deliver great customer service
- Able to work together and communicate well with others.
- Make things possible and inspire success
- Professional and principled in your approach
- Sets high standards with a focus on performance and excellence
- Able to take ownership and be proactive and enthusiastic in your approach
- Understanding of the importance of health and safety compliance
- Good level of IT skills and knowledge
- Good oral and written communications
- Good administration skills
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety & best practice
- Previous concierge/front of house experience
- Previous experience of operating CCTV, including compliance with the Information Commissioner’s CCTV Code of Practice
- Contractor management and experience in the delivery of estate, cleaning, care taking, gardening and maintenance services
- Experience of health and safety legislation and best practice in the delivery of estate services.
- Previous experience of working with Northgate or similar housing management systems.
- City & Guilds or NVQ in Housing, Customer Service or Health & Social Care or relevant experience.