Development Manager (Legal & General Affordable Homes)
Legal & General Affordable Homes is recruiting for a Development Manager to support the Head of Development to source, appraise, scrutinise and contract s106, package deals, land led and joint ventures.
You will manage a pipeline of schemes in London, under the direction of the Head of Development.
What you'll be doing:
- Reporting to the Head of Development and working with Finance and Operations team, support the full and successful delivery of s106, package deals, land led opportunities and JV Partnerships.
- Undertake business development activities in relation to the new business opportunities within the designated area targeting, overseeing the pricing and negotiation of schemes, and executing affordable housing forward funding and direct acquisitions from house builders and developers.
- Prospect opportunities, appraising the schemes jointly with Finance and Operations teams, and then appraising and testing schemes in accordance with the approved investment parameters and the scrutiny processes and reporting to the Head of Development, review and ensure that scheme appraisals are 100% accurate.
- Peer reviewing schemes as required and providing recommendations to manage risks, optimise quality and deliver good value for money.
- Manage all negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is safeguarded at all times and ensure that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and in accordance with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the effective contracting and work with the project management team to ensure the successful project management of schemes to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the programmes and to a high quality of finish and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that schemes are completed to the standard delivery requirements, ensuring that these standards are met by all counterparties.
- Monitor scheme bidding performance and pricing to ensure that the team are procuring at values which reflect the needs of the business.
- Lead and maintain relationships with partners to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Meet with vendors and negotiate commercially viable deals on the best commercial terms available, working with the wider team in the development appraisal process
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Excellent academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Sourcing and contracting residential affordable housing investments and/or developments
- Maintaining trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- Delivering good returns and effective project management and risk management
- Substantial local knowledge of both the social housing and wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of developing new business relationships
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision making processes
- Development management of affordable housing schemes.
- Commercial and financial management of affordable housing schemes.
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- A commercial development manager that works collaterally with colleagues within and across the business with the capability of being highly effective in a corporate environment
- Ability to build new business ventures and teams to change business models and be “disruptive”
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
- Significant problem solving and “soft skills”
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.