Head of Building Safety
For a full candidate pack with information on this role and Southern Housing Group, please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference PMI - 18616
Southern Housing Group are looking for a Head of Building Safety who will join an exciting and dynamic team, within a growing and forward-thinking organisation.
Working within the Building Safety Team, the Head of Building Safety will be responsible for acting as the accountable person for Building Safety. The role will lead a newly created service area to identify, address and mitigate risk to ensure our resident’s homes are as safe as they can practicably be.
You will assist the Director of Building Safety in ensuring all SHG buildings are within scope of the RRFSO, Fire Safety Bill (pending), Building Safety Order (pending), are Fire, Structural and Building Occupancy safe in particular to own this service. You will ensure all buildings have valid inspections, safety certificates, and supporting relevant building information.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong, extensive and proven background within a similar role
- Experience of managing fire, structure and building risks.
- RICS qualified, or working towards this
- A great leader, able to inspire and motivate staff
- Experience of managing budgets and delivering Groupwide services
- Ideally with knowledge of structural safety in buildings
- Can adapt to change and work in an agile way
- Committed to continuously improving our Building Safety processes
- Invested in our company values and team objectives
Please include the following in your application:
- Your CV – with full career history and reference details (please note references will not be obtained without your permission)
- A supporting statement outlining why and how you feel you meet the criteria and what you will bring to the role and to the organisation
- Covering letter – outlining your current package details, notice period and explanation of any dates that you will not be available.
What we’ll offer you
- A negotiable and competitive salary
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus! This rises with length of service
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- Flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Travel to work loan
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- As an employer, we offer flexible working options to our colleagues as we recognise the importance of a good work/life balance
- More information can be found on our careers page
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London's new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.
Closing Date: Noon, Monday 9th November 2020