Southern Housing Group are looking for a Development Officer who will join an exciting and dynamic team, within a growing and forward thinking organisation.
Working within the Delivery and Regeneration team, the Development Officer will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of a portfolio of projects from acquisition to completion.
Reporting to a Senior Development Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of a portfolio of projects from acquisition; through the planning and design development stage; management of the project on site; and handover to the business on completion.
You will be flexible and adaptable in your approach with a strong customer focus and the passion to deliver great places to live. Quality is really important to us, and it will be important for you to have a strong attention to detail and an understanding of what makes good quality homes. You will be able to work closely with a range of stakeholders and excellent communication skills are essential.
Our projects are located across our entire estate portfolio, so we will be looking for our Development officer ideally based from our Fleet House office, however, we will consider applicants based at Spire Court. This officer will be expected to travel across our development areas and be able to attend meetings at both offices. Please note - access to a car is essential as some of the developments are not accessible via public transport.
We would expect you to be agile and be able to work from home as required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role – an understanding of the Development cycle
- Able to multi-task and complete various projects
- Work as part of a team
- Be a strong communicator, proficient in using written word and data to put across a message
- Able to adapt quickly to change and thrive in a busy environment
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please utilise this to provide additional information on why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we’ll offer you
- A competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus!
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- Flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Travel to work loan
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- As an employer, we offer flexible working options to our colleagues as we recognise the importance of a good work/life balance
- More information can be found on our careers page
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
- What we do – We're a charitable business with social objectives, and customer service is at the heart of our business. We're proud of our reputation as a financially strong, stable, and independent housing provider. Every penny we make is reinvested in new homes, improving our services, and helping transform people’s lives.
- What we offer – We offer career progression, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits. We support and train our staff to excel as they develop their careers.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Southern Housing Group is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK. Our roles may require travel between our various offices.
- Values – We are a values led organisation, and our principles resonate throughout the heartbeat of the company. Our values are Working Together, Getting Things Done and Doing the Right Thing.
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in southern England and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a housing management service to a range of tenures including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
We provide housing services to more than 70,000 customers who live in our almost 30,000 properties. With circa 1,000 employees, we’re an organisation that’s going places.
We are a member of the G15, which represents London's 15 largest housing associations. The G15 houses one in ten Londoners and builds a quarter of London's new homes.
Southern Housing Group won the “Housing Association of the Year” award at the WhatHouse? Awards 2018. The Group also won the award for “2018 Best Large Development” at the National Housing Awards for our development at Bow River Village.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd November 2020