Regional Housing Officer
Closing date: Thursday 12th November 2020
Interviews will take place on Friday 20th November 2020
Please note the successful candidate will be the holder of a full driver's license and have access to their own vehicle
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Housing Officer at Advance. Advance is a specialist supported housing association that is on an exciting journey to deliver more services and develop more housing for people with learning disabilities, mental health conditions and supporting people towards greater independent living.
About the role
This role based at our Camborne Offices and will manage our tenants and shared ownership properties. We are looking for a communicative well organised and experienced housing officer to manage this wide geographical area.
In the role you will be making a difference daily to improving the lives and outcomes of our tenants and shared owners.
The role of Regional Housing Officer will include
- Providing effective tenancy and resident management in line with policies and procedures.
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour, tenancy changes, shared ownership management and rent arrears including former tenant arrears.
- Developing, building and maintaining relationships with tenants and other key stakeholders to ensure the effective management of housing services.
- Playing a key role in the management and allocation of empty properties.
- Developing and leading on tenant and shared ownership engagement initiatives.
The role requires an Enhanced DBS check.
About the candidate
As travel is a requirement of the role, a full, current driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
If you are a person who likes to make a difference and experience of working in a diverse housing organisation then this is the job for you.
For an informal discussion in relation to the role please contact Simon Ridley, Senior Housing Officer, 07734 856945 firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of working for Advance
We’re a national, charitable organisation, supporting thousands of people across the U.K. We value our staff and the difference they make to the lives of our customers, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Paid holiday
- Free DBS check
- Support from an experienced team leader
- Excellent opportunities to progress your career within Advance
- Enrolment in a pension scheme with matched contributions above the statutory minimum (if you work enough hours to meet the threshold for enrolment)
More about Advance
Advance is a well-established, national, charitable organisation which provide support for adults with learning disabilities and mental health conditions living in the community. We are an equal opportunities employer who values our staff and the difference that they make to our customers. Whatever our role in the company, we all share a pride in what we do and use PRIDE to define how we all behave.
Advance is regulated by the Regulator of Social Housing and the Care Quality Commission and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. You will be required to provide evidence of right to work. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be covered by Advance.