Senior Youth Support Worker - Hemel Hempstead
Hightown provides supported housing to people with a wide range of needs across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. Our Young Peoples Housing service provides supported housing to a variety of young people who have had very different experiences. This includes those who are homeless, those leaving care, those who are estranged from family and also young people who have difficulties sustaining education, training or employment. We enable people to be more independent through support and housing that suits their needs and is accessible.
About the Role
The youth homelessness crisis is seeing new challenges. COVID19 has exacerbated some of the disadvantages faced by young people, with family tensions, loss of jobs & income and mental ill health being key drivers for homelessness.
Homelessness can significantly impact a young persons transition to adulthood. The need for youth-specific supported housing, which adapts a trauma informed way of working, is integral to overcoming barriers to independence.
Hightown Young Peoples Housing Service believe that every young person has the right to a safe home and the support needed to help them become independent / lead positive fulfilling lives.
As a Senior Youth Support Worker, you will be responsible for assisting the Young Peoples Hostels Manager in managing the day to day running of the scheme. In addition to this, you will hold line management responsibilities for frontline staff as well as holding a caseload of young people with multiple and complex needs.
You will provide leadership and act as a point of contact for the staff team, dealing with enquiries and complex issues that arise daily. You will provide reassurance, coaching and guidance to staff as well dealing with unforeseen circumstances and situations that concern staff and service users professionally.
You will empower staff to feel confidence in their role and ensure you are approachable when they need support and guidance.
You will work closely with the Young Peoples Hostels Manager to enhance the quality and development of the scheme overall. You will assist them to provide a quality service and to promote high standards of practice, which is conducive to meeting the needs of the people we support. You will work as part of the team to provide a flexible and person centred service, which adapts and responds to the changing needs and risks of our clients.
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring individuals to join our young peoples housing service in Hemel Hempsteadwhich provides supported accommodation and floating support for young people aged 16-24. This is in an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team who are determined to help young people reach their potential and move towards independent lives.
Were keen to recruit individuals who care about supporting vulnerable young people to achieve their aspirations and goals, as well as understanding, promoting and embracing our values:
- Putting our residents andservice users first
- Treating people withrespect, promoting independence and choice
- Developingpassionateand committed teams
- Beingcost effectivewithout compromising standards or safety
If you share our values and our passion for supporting young people, wed love you to work for us. Supporting young people can often be challenging but incredibly rewarding. Patience, compassion, resilience and creativity will be crucial in this role where you can make a difference to a vulnerable young persons life.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact us on 01442 292277 or email@example.com
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leaveallowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annualbonusesbased on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living to ensure you receive above the market salary for the role
- Additional payments for sleep-ins on top of your salary
- An organisationalcommitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance ofthree timesyour annual salary and a workplace pension scheme
- Ongoing training and supportto deliver outstanding support
This role requires you to hold a full UK driving licence and have access to your own car.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead