Senior Case Manager
The Homelessness Service at Somerset West and Taunton Council is undergoing a restructure, to provide additional capacity and a renewed focus to become a high-performing Housing Options and Homelessness Service. This will fulfil the requirements of the Homelessness Reduction Act and will have a real emphasis on preventing homelessness in the District.
As part of this restructure we are introducing a new Senior Homelessness Case Manager, who will each oversee a team of staff that will support applicants through completing personal housing plans, preventing homelessness, applying Relief where applicable and making decisions as required on main duty.
These teams will work alongside a much wider team that supports Rough Sleepers and one that works with the private rented sector, temporary accommodation and tenancy sustainment.
This service supports the most vulnerable people in our District and decisions are complex and can be life-changing. We are seeking experienced homelessness officers that will rise to this challenge to line manage and develop a team of officers to help us on our journey to excellence.
Please note: a generic job description for a Senior Case Manager in the Council is attached; however, for the role of ‘Senior Case Manager – Homelessness’ we will expect candidates to be able to demonstrate, through their application and interview, the experience and attributes to undertake the following requirements:
Specific Requirements of Role:
- Good working knowledge of Homelessness Reduction Act, with a track record of working in a homelessness service and making decisions through this legislative framework.
- A good understanding of social problems faced by clients facing or experiencing homelessness.
- Carry a case-load of homelessness cases and lead on more complex cases, coaching Case Managers on how to undertake these in future.
- Undertake reviews and appeals where these can be done at this level; escalating when required to Case Management Lead.
- Authorise use of B&B accommodation for Case Managers.
- Provide line management and supervision to Case Managers and oversee quality, compliance and professional development, acting as point of contact for these officers.
- Specialise and represent the service in key areas of homelessness partnership work (such as Domestic Violence, MARAC, Mental Health, Addictions, etc.).
- Deputise for the Case Management Lead.
Would you like a job that makes a difference in our community? Do you want to change the lives of others for the better? Then working in our Homeless Team with vulnerable people is the career for you.
Working in our Homeless Team at Somerset West and Taunton will not only provide you with great job satisfaction, you will also be able to enjoy the great incentives that we have to offer.
For more information on the post, please contact Recruitment at email@example.com
Benefits of working with the Council
The Authority offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this. The Council offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business. The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave. Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals. Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times. A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please download and complete the Application Form and Recruitment Monitoring Forms in line with the Job Description. https://www.somersetwestandtaunton.gov.uk/jobs/senior-case-manager-homelessness/
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Closing Date for applications: 24 November 2020 at 9am
Interviews expected to be held: w/c 7 December 2020