Retirement Housing Scheme Manager (Non-residential)
At Origin, we are here to provide housing in London and Hertfordshire that people can afford. We want to grow our 6,500 homes and provide more care and support services that make a difference to people’s lives. With a turnover of £56m, we work with our residents, customers and partners to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a wider team of Scheme Managers providing a high quality housing service to older people in the Chelmsford and Hertfordshire area.
What you’ll do:
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults in a semi-independent housing service
- Monitoring Health & Safety policy and procedures at all times including risk assessments
- Possess sound knowledge around welfare benefits
- Strong communication skills with the ability to promote independence, encourage tenant participation in activities and in service delivery
What you’ll need:
- Must have understanding of the needs of older people and be able to foster good working relationships with tenants, families, colleagues and external partners
- Willingness to undertake lone working and must be able to prioritize work and meet firm deadlines.
- Previous administrative experience in record keeping and data handling.
How to apply
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter in one combined document that show us how your experience meets the role profile. To find out more about us please visit www.originhousing.org.uk.
This role needs satisfactory references and DBS check.
As we usually receive a lot of applications we won’t be able to give individual feedback. If you are successful we will get in touch within seven days after the closing date
A competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension and discounted health scheme.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 25th November 2020
Interview and assessment date: 14th December 2020