Relief Housing Officer - Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2021
About the role
Do you have housing management experience and a passion for engaging with residents? We are looking for a Relief Housing Officer to be part of our team providing a highly professional customer focused Housing Management service to the Association`s residents in rented accommodation.
Duties will also include the housing management in a relief capacity to provide support to patch officers; carrying out tenancy reviews, taking action against tenancy breaches and working with the income recovery team to ensure appropriate action is taken to deal with arrears of rent and charges. You will seek to improve the level of service in response to changing residents` demands, regulatory requirements and best practice
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- have knowledge of the housing sector and housing management experience
- have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference.
Due to the nature of the role you must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £31,758 pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing date: Monday 30th November 2020
Interview dates: Monday 7th December 2020
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS,reference and medical checks.
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 7,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84million and a development programme that will deliver over 450 new affordable homes each year.
Once our houses are built, they are let to people who cannot afford to buy or rent at full market values. The majority of our properties are offered to people on local authority housing lists to rent. We also manage homes to let at intermediate rents, for people saving for a deposit, and shared ownership homes, which help people make their first step on the housing ladder.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Tenant services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead