Finance Business Partner
Yorkshire Housing are recruiting for an accomplished Finance Business Partner who will provide commercial insight and technical financial skills to support the Group with achieving its objectives. This role will also be crucial in line managing and developing a Finance Analyst in the team.
Who we are?
We own and manage more than 18,000 homes and we’re developing thousands more. We’re ambitious and serious about making Yorkshire Housing first choice for our customers, helping everyone to live in a quality home they can afford. We also serious about being first choice for employees and so we’re investing significantly in our systems, ways of working and our culture.
What will you be doing?
As a Finance Business Partner at Yorkshire Housing, you will partner with Heads of service and senior managers in your business areas to provide commercial insight and technical financial skills, supporting delivery of growth initiatives, process improvement, margin enhancement and commercial opportunities.
Key activities will include (Full details on role profile):
- Advising, guiding and influencing business managers on the management of financial challenges and opportunities
- Undertaking financial modelling, scenario planning, business case preparation and option appraisal to support, effective decision making, improving business performance.
- Effectively managing relationships with business managers and other stakeholders
- Developing and owning financial business planning and analysis for specified areas of the business.
- Owning, preparing and delivering business performance insight and reporting, ensuring outputs are easily understood and fit for use
- Collaborating with both finance and operational colleagues to identify, investigate and implement remedial action to address issues impacting on financial and business performance.
- Line managing a Finance Analyst, including 1:1s and development of the individual along with actively coaching and helping develop the performance of the team.
- Inputting into statutory, regulatory or other external reporting as required
- Overseeing and accountable for financial activity, reporting and practices for specified areas of the business ensuring they are subject to regular review.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Being the liaison into finance to meet the needs of the business
What are we looking for?
What matters most to us is that you own the work you do to achieve impact by delivering results and creating trust with our customers. We want you to be able to do this with pride and passion for Yorkshire Housing. We also want you to have fun along the way!
In addition, you will have a good standard of general education and hold a professional accounting qualification (E.g. Certified or Chartered Accountant). You will have previously worked in a business partner role, be commercially aware with an ability to solve problems, think strategically and drive change.
You will be able to communicate effectively and influence all levels of the organisation. You will have a proven track record of building successful relationships with senior stakeholders with the ability to provide meaningful business insight.
You will be able to work under pressure to deliver against strict deadlines and manage priorities. Also, you will have utilised technology and data with an eagerness to develop your own skills along with an excellent record of coaching and developing others in your team.
Ideally, you will have some experience of working in the regulated social housing sector
What can you expect from Yorkshire Housing?
We offer a salary of £46,232 per annum for a 35 hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays. We also have a reward package to suit everyone – from a variety of retail discounts to a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%.
So if you want to be part of the team that makes a real positive difference every day and work for an organisation that prioritises its people and its customers then we want to hear from you!
This is a full time, permanent (35 hours per week) role. Contractually based in Leeds, West Yorkshire but for the medium term at least, this role will be undertaken remotely.
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 25 November but if a competitive candidate pool is identified we reserve the right to close the advert early. Interviews will be held on a remote basis so you will be required to download the relevant software.
Please note if you are applying for this role internally you must inform your current line manager.
If you require additional support, please contact James Craven - Recruitment Specialist by email to email@example.com