Investment Project Surveyor
As an Investment Project Surveyor, you will be providing an in-house consultancy service. This will involve delivering investment projects from proposal to completion and ensuring that individual projects are justified, designed, brought to site and completed on target, within budget and to a consistently high quality standard.
Who we are?
We own and manage more than 18,000 homes and we’re developing thousands more. We’re ambitious and serious about making Yorkshire Housing first choice for our customers, helping everyone to live in a quality home they can afford. We also serious about being first choice for employees and so we’re investing significantly in our systems, ways of working and our culture
What will you be doing?
As part of the Investment Projects team, key responsibilities as an Investment Project Surveyor will include:
- Identifying and evaluating investment projects
- Appointing and working closely with internal stakeholders and external consultants to deliver new projects
- Taking the lead role in project workshops
- Attending site meetings with contractors, consultants and outside agencies to represent Yorkshire Housing’s interests.
- Investigating and evaluating new products and techniques to ensure that investment projects reflect current good practice.
Additional accountabilities included on the attached role profile.
What are we looking for?
What matters most to us is that you own the work you do achieve impact by delivering results and creating trust with our customers. We want you to be able to do this with pride and passion for Yorkshire Housing. We also want you to have fun along the way!
Some additional requirements (Full requirements included on role profile):
- Previous experience in implementing practical projects of major repairs and improvement programmes.
- Ability to understand contract drawings, specifications and other contract documents, sometimes relating to complex multi-storey schemes with the ability to explain these clearly and concisely.
- Practical experience and understanding of the construction industry.
- Ability & awareness of new technologies especially Carbon neutral initiatives in the construction/housing sector.
- Previous experience making clear written and oral reports with the ability to create and maintain precise records and correspondence.
- Proficient in using Excel, Word, Outlook & other IT systems including new systems.
- Full UK driving license and car suitable for business use.
What can you expect from Yorkshire Housing?
We offer a salary of £36,466 + £2,000 car allowance per annum for a 35 hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays. We also have an excellent reward package to suit everyone! From a variety of retail discounts to a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%.
So if you want to be part of the team that makes a real positive difference every day and work for an organisation that prioritises its people and its customers then we want to hear from you!
This is a full-time, permanent (35 hours per week). This is an Agile role so you will be expected to travel also across the entire Yorkshire region
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 25 November but if a competitive candidate pool is identified, we may close the advert early.