We have an exciting opportunity within the Income Services Team. You will deliver a high quality customer -focussed comprehensive income collection and recovery service for our tenants working to mitigate the impact of the ongoing Covid19 pandemic and Welfare Benefit changes such as Universal Credit.
Your focus will be on ensuring customers make regular and timely payments. You will have understanding of the difficulties many people face in the current economic climate so you will promote approaches that help people who have financial difficulties and support customers to sustain their homes which often extends to dealing with wider housing management related issues.
You will be responsible for managing a customer case load at all stages of rent and debt recovery, including taking legal action. This involves being flexible and maximising opportunities to engage with customers using all available means, developing and maintaining effective relationships with customers and liaising with different agencies.
The post holder will support the Income Services team in the efficient and effective management of Income Collection and Arrear recovery.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience in a customer facing service, with excellent communication skills.
- ability to manage a busy workload.
- resilience and great team work skills
- a dynamic, pro-active and creative approach
- good organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- determination to achieve targets
- experience in managing complex cases and problem solving
- Negotiating skills to make sustainable and reasonable payment plans
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Clearance and a Value Based Interview.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Danielle Buckley on 01438 242137 or Elizabeth Ddamulira on 01438 242002
For an application pack and to apply online, please visit https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/job-vacancies Please quote the correct post reference number when applying.
Please note that Stevenage Borough Council cannot accept CV’s, all applications must be made on the Council’s standard application form which can be found at the above link.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 29 November 2020
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click here.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Tenant services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage
- Sales / Lettings Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Stevenage