Fire Risk Assessor
5 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Could you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people’s lives in your region?
Here at Grand Union, we are more than just a financially strong Housing Association, we are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for our customers. We provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but we also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
We are passionate about our communities and we are committed to being a Learning Organisation, developing talent to deliver our service goals and supporting the next generation into a career in Housing.
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Fire Risk Assessor to take responsibility for fire safety in relation to the duties imposed on Grand Union.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations including The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Undertaking risk-based fire safety inspections of our housing stock to include mid and low rise blocks and supported living properties.
What we’re looking for:
- A degree in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of working in a built environment role with significant practical knowledge of fire safety and the ability to identify hazards and assess risks.
- Practical experience of contract or project management and a good understanding of budget management.
- Practical knowledge of building regulations, codes of practice, British Standards, and domestic building construction and services.
- An approachable and flexible personality with experience of managing relationships with external stakeholders and customers.
What we offer:
- Annual leave up to 30 days
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme – employer contribution up to 10%
- Life assurance (2x salary)
- Generous sick pay
- Free car parking
- Numerous learning and development opportunities including qualifications
- Paid professional subscriptions (max 2 if both relevant to role)
- Flexible working within the GUHG agile framework
- Medicash counselling (helpline and face to face)
- On-site wellbeing activities including Massages,
- Free annual flu jabs
- Plus lots more! (see attached benefits list)
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to our customers, great at your job and with a ‘can-do’ attitude, we want to hear from you.
You are just one click away from starting your journey with us…
We are committed to implementing our Equality, Diversity and Customer Care Policy and are proactive about safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
Closing date: 2 December 2020
Interview date: 9 December 2020
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Surveying Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Health and safety Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes