Fire Risk Assessor – Level 3/Level 4
Circa £50,000 – Level 3 depending on experience and qualifications
Circa £53,200 – Level 4 depending on experience and qualifications
At Origin, we are here to provide housing in London and Hertfordshire that people can afford. We want to grow our 6,500 homes and provide more care and support services that make a difference to people’s lives. With a turnover of £56m, we work with our residents, customers and partners to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be.
The main purpose of the role is to carry out and deliver a programme of fire risk assessments across Origin Housing stock that are suitable and sufficient as defined by the RR(FS)O 2005. You will lead on undertaking comprehensive type 4 intrusive risk assessments as required in order to ascertain if active and passive fire safety provisions comply with regulations.
You will be responsible for the coordination of contractors and surveyors required to support destructive inspections as part of the type 4 risk assessment ensuring that all making good work complies with the fire strategy and or regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Produce suitable and sufficient Fire Risk Assessments up to and including type 4 intrusive assessments for required properties ensuring that that actions identified are completed through follow up post inspections as notified by your line manager.
- Keep abreast of fire risk assessor competency requirements, actively work with your line manager to identify and work towards meeting changes in requirements including specialising in specific areas of fire safety and its systems.
- Ensure that high risks are escalated immediately.
- Provide training to fire wardens, care and support scheme managers, facility operatives and others that require fire training.
- Complete inspections during critical stages of the new build process to ensure compartmentation is in place.
- Complete concise fire risk assessment reports within reasonable time scales.
What you’ll need:
- Level 4 OR Level 3 Diploma in Fire Safety or equivalent
- Nebosh certificate in fire (FC1/ FC2) or equivalent
- ASFP Level 3 in Passive Fire Protection
- FDIS Diploma or Equivalent - Desirable
- Membership of Third Party Accreditation Scheme – IFE/IFSM or equivalent
- Knowledge of active and passive fire protection systems
- Working at heights training
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work
- Willingness to undertake training as part of continued development
How to apply
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter in one combined document that show us how your experience meets the role profile. To find out more about us please visit www.originhousing.org.uk. This role needs satisfactory references and DBS check.
As we usually receive a lot of applications we won’t be able to give individual feedback. If you are successful we will get in touch within seven days after the closing date.
A competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension and discounted health scheme.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 29/11/2020
Interview and assessment date: 07/12/2020 and 08/12/2020