Finance Manager - Tax & Subsidiaries
bpha is a Housing Association located in the Oxford to Cambridge corridor, which is committed to providing its customers with high quality, value for money services whilst continuing to develop energy efficient, sustainable and affordable housing.
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager - Tax and Subsidiaries to join us. The main purpose of this role is to lead and manage the accounting function for all subsidiaries including the technical areas such as bond vehicles and joint ventures.
What you will be doing:
- Leading and managing the tax accounting function for the business including Corporation Tax, complex partial exemption VAT, CIS, SDLT, ATED, employment and any other relevant taxes, ensuring timely and accurate information is delivered to meet all HMRC requirements
- Managing the relationship with external tax advisers, ensuring value for money from any advice
- Managing the operation of robust internal controls, identifying and implementing opportunities for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the accurate reporting of assets and liabilities for area of responsibility by verifying balances
We’d love to meet someone with:
- A CCAB qualification and ideally some tax qualifications (CTA, ATT, CIOT)
- Extensive knowledge of tax accounting, especially VAT and partial exemption
- A high degree of literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other finance and reporting systems
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading teams in dynamic business environments
- A high degree of technical competence in current accounting standards and practices
Amongst what we offer you is:
- £50,000 - £55,000
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date - Monday 30 November 2020
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.