Lead Technical Manager - Commercial
Do you want within a high performing team that is experiencing huge ambition to grow? Looking for agile working with the infrastructure to get the best support? Looking for a new role, something different or something more rewarding?
Anchor Hanover is expanding our new developments and we’re growing our team and recruiting a number of talented individuals to help us achieve our target of over 3200 new homes where people love living in later life.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the management of numerous development projects across the stage of design development and tender from planning application to a detailed design and tender by contractors, proactively managing the design and tender process to deliver quality designs and completion of contractor tender with a robust contract package ready for signing in line with the project cost plan and required design.
Working in partnership with colleagues in the Technical and Commercial team to share expertise across the stages of the development with particular focus on
- Robust contractual and commercial documentation and processes
- Commercial risk identification and management
- Compliance with Anchor Hanover procurement policy and processes
- Assessment of tender responses for overall value for money and viability of the constructions cost with the business cases
- Finalising the Contract and execution with contractors
- Documentation is managed via shared portals to be available across the Development Team
You will have previous experience of delivering tenders and finalised contracts for residential and/or retirement or care projects, concluding of contracts with contractors and experience of the site construction of schemes
You will have:
- Experience of managing, coaching and mentoring a team in an agile working environment with various internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Managing teams designing buildings in the residential and or retirement housing with care sector.
- Understanding of the planning application process, compliance with consents and clearance of reserved matters.
- Expertise in construction cost plans, the commercial processes followed by building contractors and standard forms of building contract
- Broad experience of the building industry, in depth knowledge of the process of building design, materials, and alternative methods of construction
- Understanding of the legislation that the designers, contractors and operators must comply with in delivering developments in the retirement housing with care sector.
- Experience of building design QA procedures.
Please note due to the nature of the role being home based and the size of documentation that is received daily, the postholder will need to have fast fibre-broadband access
Anchor Hanover Group is England’s largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people across 1700 locations with a turnover of £550m. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we live and breathe our values in everything we do. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Design Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Development / regeneration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol