Technical Manager – Building Services
Do you aspire to work in a high performing team which is expanding to deliver more homes for retirement living? Are you looking for the flexibility to be based from home coupled with brilliant and connected support?
Whether you’re looking for something different, more rewarding, exciting or all three, Anchor Hanover are recruiting to new roles which will combine the best of agile working, with flexibility and travel.
Anchor Hanover is expanding our new development team and we’re recruiting talented individuals to help us achieve our target of providing over 3200 new homes where people love living in later life.
About the role:
You will be responsible for providing technical expertise in respect of building services to support the Technical and Commercial team in the management of numerous development projects across the stage of design development and tender from planning application to a detailed design and tender by contractors.
Proactively managing the design of building services and building services package within the tender process to deliver quality designs and completion of contractor tender with a robust contract package ready for signing in line with the project cost plan and required design. You will be the Technical and Commercial team expert on all matters related to the design and specification of building services.
Responsible for correct design and specification of building services required for the progression of Anchor Hanover’s new developments, from post planning to commencement of construction on site.
You will have previous experience of delivering tenders and finalised contracts for residential and/or retirement or care projects, concluding of contracts with contractors and experience of the site construction of schemes
You will have:
- Working as part of teams designing buildings in the residential and or retirement housing with care sector.
- Understanding of the planning application process, compliance with consents and clearance of reserved matters in relation to building services and energy aspects of the design.
- Knowledge of the cost of building services, the commercial processes followed by building contractors and standard forms of building contract
- Broad experience of the building industry, in depth knowledge of the process of building design, materials, and alternative solutions for building services installations.
- Understanding of the legislation that the designers, contractors and operators must comply with in delivering developments in the retirement housing with care sector.
- Experience of building design QA procedures.
Please note due to the nature of the role being home based and the size of documentation that is received daily, the postholder will need to have fast fibre-broadband access
Anchor Hanover Group is England’s largest provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life in England, employing more than 9,000 people across 1700 locations with a turnover of £550m. We provide more than 60,000 homes for people who love living in later life. It’s not just impressive, it’s making a difference.
We know that quality services start with quality people. We work hard to be recognised as a leading employer and are committed to retaining and attracting the best in our industry.
At Anchor Hanover Group we live and breathe our values in everything we do. We are Accountable, Respectful, Courageous and Honest. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Asset management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Design Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol