Resident Liaison Officer
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About The Team
Our Building Safety Team is responsible for building safety investigations, remediation and installations, and for setting up the systems required to deliver the requirements of future building safety legislation and guidance. The team is a newly formed team led by our Director of Building Safety, it’s an exciting time to join the team and help shape how the organisation works to ensure our buildings are safe.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Safety Resident Liaison Officer to join our team based out of our London office on a permanent basis.
This role will cover the South of England geographical area – This includes London and South, South East and South West of England. There are currently projects in London, Brighton and Exeter so substantial travel within the region will be required to deliver the Building Safety Works / Projects. So a full drivers license and use of your own vehicle is essential
The successful applicant will manage and develop key relationships between customers, colleagues and contractors in the delivery of key works within the Building Safety Projects team, ensuring customers are engaged and their views are incorporated as Building Safety projects are delivered.
To do this you will be required to organise and attend resident meetings to ensure scope of works are communicated effectively, assist building safety investigations by arranging and facilitating access to our buildings and flats, ensure compliance with Guinness Health & Safety and Fire Safety regulations and liaise with resident groups and internal Guinness teams to ensure all parties are listened to and kept informed.
Please review the attached role profile for the full list of responsibilities
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be a Building Safety Resident Liaison Officer, but you’ll also have great customer service skills and a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with customer groups, panels or other agencies to develop best practice ideally within Residential Social Landlords.
- Proven experience of providing a proactive and excellent customer service.
- Able to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail and accurate recording for audit purposes.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Effectively managing budgets and controlling spend.
- Experience of dealing effectively with complaints and customer feedback as part of a team.
- Understanding of social housing legislation and tenancy management.
- Awareness of Health & Safety legislation and policy.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours
- Level 2 (GCSE 9-4/A*-C) Qualifications (including English and Maths).
Advert Closing Date: Thursday 19th November 2010
Whats on Offer:
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Salary £30,867 rising to £32,492 after 12 months service
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medical expenses cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
- Thank you award - by nomination
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.