Senior Project & Quality Manager (Legal & General Affordable Homes)
Legal & General Affordable Homes are recruiting for a Senior Project & Quality Manager to manage the delivery of s106, package and Joint venture affordable schemes, from final negotiation and exchange of contracts to practical completion and snagging.
Covering the South West regions, you will report to the Head of Development for the area and will work alongside the Customer Care team, Operations Teams, External Lawyers, Sales Team, EA and Finance Teams to ensure the successful and timely delivery of the projects that they manage.
Travel around the South West regions will be required.
What you'll be doing:
- Report to the Head of Development, and work with the Finance and Operations teams to support the full and successful delivery of s106, package and joint venture affordable housing schemes from exchange of contracts through to practical completion.
- Work alongside Development Managers to ensure contractual arrangements are in place for each project and that the contract arrangements are in accordance with the approvals prior to exchange of contracts.
- Instruct and manage the Employers’ Agent (EA) and/ or Clerk of Works (CoW) for each project and ensure that they are effectively managing the scheme and payments.
- Regularly reviewing EA and CoW performance by all suppliers and supporting continual improvement and best practice in relation to services, performance and ways of working
- Be responsible for monthly project updates to finance, operations, sales and customer care, so the other teams can plan their resources in relation to the projects.
- Administer the contract and payments process in relation to each project and liaise with the relevant developer of each site to ensure that all aspects of the development are being implemented in accordance with the agreed budget, plans and programmes.
- Work alongside the Head of Assets and Compliance in ensuring the homes that are produced are at least compliant with legislation and safe for our residents and the public.
- Project Manage schemes to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the programmes, to a high quality of finish and a high level of customer satisfaction ensuring that these standards are met by all counterparties and only accepting handover of schemes that meet these standards.
- Work with the Operations teams, coordinating handovers to ensure that void periods are minimised, and customer expectations are met.
- Be responsible for ensuring that at the handover of homes stage, all the required property information in relation to that home is validated and confirmed as correct and loaded onto the relevant landlord data systems.
What we're looking for:
- Ideally degree educated or equivalent
- Strong academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Preferable to have a project management qualification
- Solid record of successful project management of housing and development schemes
- Maintaining trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- Effective project management and risk management
- Track record in continual improvement
- Experience in mentoring and training junior staff.
- Strong experience in contract management
- Knowledge of both social housing and possibly the wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision-making processes
- At least 5 years’ experience of project management affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 and direct delivery programmes
- Financial management of affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 and direct delivery programmes
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- Commercial project manager that works collaterally with colleagues within the business and with the professional team and the client
- An ability to support, mentor and teach more junior members of the team
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
- Significant problem solving and “soft skills”
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.