Manager - Growth
Role Title: Manager - Growth
Salary: £30,755 - £59,459
Team: Affordable Housing Grants
Recruiting Manager: Versha Koria
Contract: Fixed TerM (Until May 2021)
Closing Date: 18/12/2020
This is an overview of the role:
This is a short term opportunity to May 2021 and therefore we are looking for someone ready to start immediately without a prolonged notice period. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to learn more about the work of the Homes England Affordable Growth team. You will learn how we assess bids for affordable housing and get to work collaboratively with both internal and external colleagues to build healthy pipelines suitable developments and meeting local housing need.
This role will:
1) contribute to the growth, new business and engagement team who will be responsible for increasing the affordable housing (AH) supply, in collaboration with delivery partners (such as housing associations, local authorities, specialist and community providers and private sector property developers) to:
- lead innovation and delivery of AH, including attracting new entrants
- increase housing supply (including specialist and community housing) by working with new and existing providers to meet housing targets
- translate the affordable housing strategy into targeted delivery that responds to market and partner analysis
- support the AH sector business development team with intelligence and evidence from partners
- working with the Head of, be the sector lead with regional representative and industry bodies for AH, supporting the AH lead on national engagement
- provide AH expertise to investment and development teams, including being part of multi-disciplinary teams where required to increase housing supply
2) support the development of the single pipeline with opportunities for affordable housing working closely with the strategy team (MPP) and MPP Place
The successful person will be responsible for:
• Contributing to driving new business identified by geography and partner across the region to increase affordable housing supply, including identifying new entrants to increase market resilience.
• Contributing to building the AH delivery pipeline by geography and partner to increase housing supply, taking a strategic approach to delivery and need, based on market opportunity and intelligence.
• Maximising the opportunities identified by specific MPP Place teams to increase affordable homes and overall housing supply.
• Identifying and work with affordable housing providers in specific geographies and places to remove barriers and unlock capacity to increase and accelerate delivery.
• Presenting new investment bids for approval within delegations and governance, and make recommendations to Head of AH Growth.
In order to complete the responsibilities for this role, the successful candidate will have:
• Knowledge of the AH sector and delivery partners.
• Understanding funding models for affordable housing delivery partners in particular the specialist providers and experience of AH delivery.
• Understanding of viability and development appraisals, including local and regional housing markets.
• Ambitious about exploring and implementing new approaches, working with new entrants, demonstrating industry best practise and value for money.
• Communicates confidently and effectively to all audiences, partners and stakeholders varying styles as appropriate.