Group Director of Procurement
Group Director of Procurement - 5429
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
The Procurement team is responsible for enabling and facilitating compliant and commercially robust procurement decisions on behalf of The Guinness Partnership. We aim to procure intelligently scoped contracts that support Guinness’s vision.
As our Director of Procurement, you will take a leading role in delivering operating efficiencies across the business. Reporting to the Group Director of Finance, you’ll develop, maintain and deliver Guinness’s Procurement Strategy and lead Guinness’s procurement function and wider procurement activities. You’ll also be responsible for effectively targeting resources to maximise opportunities for spend efficiencies, supporting improvements in quality of service and managing procurement and contract risks.
This is such an important role for Guinness, and we want to speak to inspiring leaders with excellent communication skills who are passionate about supporting the needs of our business and our customers.
The successful candidate should have significant experience in senior role where they have delivered cost effective and compliant procurement solutions across a range of categories with high levels of risk and complexity. You’ll also have extensive experience of procuring works and services in a property maintenance/construction environment, a proven track record of delivering cost reduction and service and quality improvement through the application of category and contract management activity, knowledge and experience of working within the EU Procurement Directives and excellent knowledge of contract law including construction contract law.
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of up to £110k per annum
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Up to 4 additional days leave (Partnership Days) normally taken between the December and January bank holidays
- Choice of Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Professional subscriptions.
- Purchase additional leave.
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from ‘gross’ salary, before tax and NI deducted.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Procurement Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Executive & Senior Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Senior management Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)