Asset Sales Assistant (Housing)
bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
For people who want to own their own home, it can sometimes feel like an impossible dream. We don’t believe in the impossible. We’re passionate about giving anyone looking to own a property the help to buy, and the chance to take that first step onto the housing ladder. Our amazing team has already helped so many people make this dream a reality, and perhaps with your help, we can do the same for many more.
The Asset Sales Assistant will be responsible for the daily progression of all secondary legal transactions across a wide range of tenures. These include Staircasing, Lease Extension, Loan Redemption, Remortgages, Transfers of Equity, Right to Buy and Right to acquire. You will also provide much needed support and assistance to other members of the team.
What you will be doing:
- Contacting customers, solicitors / conveyancers, surveyors and financial organisations such as Brokers or Financial Advisors to look at ways the transaction can move forward efficiently and proactively.
- Working collaboratively and offering clerical support to the Asset Sales Progression Assistant.
- Delivering a timely customer focused service in order to progress the transactions efficiently to completion.
- Ensuring that all progression activities are recorded on the appropriate spreadsheets and this must be maintained to allow for accurate forecasting.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the conveyance process for both new and resale homes.
- A high level of IT literacy to include Microsoft Excel, Word and outlook.
- The ability to form effective working relationships with internal departments and stakeholders.
- A clear customer focus.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A willingness and ability to work proactively both in a team and independently.
Ideally you will also have experience of administering Right to buy and Right to Acquire applications along with knowledge of loan redemption, remortgage, transfer of equity and other secondary legal transactions.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: 20 January 2021
Interviews will take place throughout the recruitment campaign
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.