HR Ops Team Leader
We’ve had an exciting and transformational year in the People team here at Yorkshire Housing and to ensure we continue to deliver a high quality, proactive and efficient operational HR service to key stakeholders and colleagues we’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Team Leader to join our team!
About Yorkshire Housing
We own and manage more than 18,000 homes and we’re developing thousands more. We’re ambitious and serious about making Yorkshire Housing first choice for our customers, helping everyone to live in a quality home they can afford. We also serious about being first choice for employees and so we’re investing significantly in our systems, ways of working and our culture.
What will I be doing?
You will lead the team to deliver a diverse range of tasks and activities across the colleague life-cycle in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring that all stakeholders encounter a positive experience. Leading, coaching and mentoring the team, coordinating the team’s activities and continuing their development is also a key component of the role.
Reporting to the People Operations Manager, you will also play a key role in supporting the delivery of our People and Culture strategic priority ‘Great Foundations’ – making sure our core processes are easy for stakeholders to follow and use, developing ways of working that are slick and innovative and ensuring the function is continuously developing whilst simultaneously making things happen in line with best practice and legal requirements.
What are we looking for?
- We're looking for someone who has experience in leading and coaching a small HR team and is able to demonstrate achievement of performance and efficiency benefits through coaching and people development
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of HR issues, processes and procedures together with an indepth working knowledge of statutory requirements including GDPR and significant operational HR administration experience
- You’ll be a strong communicator and will enjoy working cross-functionally as you will also be heavily involved in a variety of exciting HR Projects and process improvements
- We’re looking for someone who is delivery and outcome focused – going the extra mile to find solutions for stakeholders and who takes pride in owning and solving problems, and inspires others to do the same
- You’ll possess great attention to detail and be a true ‘completer/finisher’!
Please review role profile for further information
If you have worked in a centralised HR team at HR Supervisory level, we want to hear from you! This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a busy and fast paced, forward thinking People team with big ambitions.
What to expect in return?
We offer a salary of £31,384 per annum for a 35-hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays. Our work environment is extremely flexible and agile working is encouraged. We also have an excellent reward package to suit everyone – from a variety of retail discounts to a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%.
The closing date for applications will be Sunday 24 January 2021.
Interviews are likely to take place on a remote basis for this position in the current situation regarding Covid-19 so you may be advised to download the relevant software.