Retirement Living Community Officer
We are looking for people who can deliver outstanding customer service and an efficient housing management service to older adults living within our Retirement Living Schemes.
You would be joining us at an exciting time - supporting the development and delivery of professional, innovative and flexible local housing, health and improved wellbeing and support services to our residents.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 32,500 homes, serving 70,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. That feeling that everyone around you is pulling together to get things done, when we work together we are unstoppable – they’re all part of life at Stonewater.
A career at Stonewater is a rewarding one and provides you with the opportunity to bring your individuality and skills to an organisation which embraces change and is open to new ideas. We believe that recruiting and retaining the right people is vital for our success.
We also offer you the chance to be part of an organisation rated as ‘One Star in the 2019 Best Companies survey, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
- Delivering accommodation and community housing-related support services, helping customers to lead an independent life.
- Delivering support services that provides improved health and well-being.
- Ensuring Stonewater's procedures and policies are being complied with, including Health & Safety procedures and risk management.
- Liaising with contractors and arrange repairs.
- Taking responsibility for day-to-day general tenancy and building management
- Providing high quality assistance to make our customers feel confident about sustaining their housing and living independently.
- Being involved in the community and local partner engagement.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of delivering housing and tenancy management services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work collaboratively.
- Literacy and numerical skills, including an ability to work with figures and spreadsheets, and use IT applications.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage workloads and meet deadlines.
- An understanding of housing law, as well as housing and tenancy management services.
- An understanding of the support needs and health issues faced by older adults
- A passion for customer services.
- A flexible attitude to work. You will be expected to work flexibly including some evenings, Bank Holidays and weekends if required and will attend training and meetings at other offices.
- A valid UK driving license or equivalent is essential, as is the use of your own car.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Our promise to you
At Stonewater we believe nothing is impossible. We’re driven by our mission, vision and values and inspire others to always strive to succeed. This passion and determination is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where being individuals is embraced and recognised.
So, if you want to make a real difference to people's lives and want to have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.