Concept Housing Association (CHA) is a large Registered Provider of Social Housing, which owns and manages social housing accommodation across the UK from our Birmingham Head Office and Bradford Regional Office.
Our homes consist of both shared and self-contained accommodation, much of this is ‘supported accommodation’ and some is ‘general needs accommodation’.
We pride ourselves on the high standard of housing and the exceptional level of service that we provide to all stakeholders, including local authorities, private landlords and residents.
CHA seeks applications for two ‘non-executive’ roles as follows:
- Role 1 - ‘Chair of the Board’
- Role 2 - ‘Chair of the Customer Committee’ and Safeguarding Lead
Board Members oversee the strategic direction of the organisation including good governance.
Applicants will ideally have relevant experience with a large Registered Provider or similar, at Director level in Social Housing and/or Supported Housing or have such experience at senior Board level.
Board members are expected to be able to commit time to fulfilling their duties and responsibilities as effectively as possible. As a guide, we estimate that the Chair of the Board or a Committee will need to commit approx. 12-15 days a year to the role to include:
- Leadership of the organisation, as a team of Board Members
- Effectively preparing for, attending and participating in formal board and committee meetings , plus panels, working groups, away days, as required. Members may attend certain meetings in person or ‘virtually’.
- Attending board training, away days and activities
- Participating in meetings (on-line, during Covid-19)
- Personal development, appraisal and board development
Annual remuneration is as follows – Chair of a Committee £4000-£5000 and Chair of the Board £6000.
Please apply in writing with a covering letter detailing your reasons for applying and attaching a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details including a full job description are available on request.
Applications close on Friday 29th January 2021.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Birmingham
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Birmingham
- Finance Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Birmingham
- Government and compliance Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Birmingham
- Homes and Asset Management Board member Board Member - Salary + Expenses Permanent jobs in Birmingham