bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 housing association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Our work in retirement living is no exception. We believe in creating modern communities where over-55s can live in desirable, social, independent spaces. Safe in the knowledge that we have extra tailored care and support available if it’s needed.
This is all possible thanks to our dedicated and passionate retirement living team. A team that you could be part of.
We are currently looking for a Cleaner to cover two of our Extra Care schemes based in the Luton area. The role will cover 30 hours per week and can be worked at times to suit you, providing it covers 5 days a week.
What you will be doing:
- Working between the two schemes to undertake basic cleaning tasks.
- Making up beds in the guest room and cleaning all communal areas such as the lounge and dining rooms.
- Taking into account the needs of residents living within the schemes and taking a proactive approach to ensuring the schemes are clean and tidy and free from hazards.
- Carrying out fire safety and health and safety checks at the schemes, reporting on any repairs that are necessary.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Previous experience as a Cleaner.
- An understanding of the needs of older people.
- A flexible and willing attitude to work.
- The ability to use your own initiative and be self motivating particularly when working alone.
- The ability to travel between floors using the stairs and carry out manual handling.
You must also be able to travel between the two schemes and plan your own work diary.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- £14,320 per annum
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Closing date - 28 January 2021
Interviews will take place throughout the recruitment campaign so please apply as soon as possible.