Head of Building Safety Remediation
Are you interested in working for one of London’s largest and most vibrant registered providers? Do you come from a development or delivery background? Do you lead teams within residential development and have exceptional project management skills? Is the welfare and safety of tenants at the heart of what you do? Then we have the ideal opportunity for you.
At deverellsmith we are delighted to have exclusively partnered with Notting Hill Genesis to assist them in the recruitment of the newly created position of Head of Building Safety Remediation. Notting Hill Genesis are a member of the G15 Housing Group and have over 65,000 homes across London and the south-east. With roots reaching back to the 1960’s they remain true to their original vision of housing west London’s working poor. Notting Hill Genesis are hugely diverse, they don’t just accept difference, they celebrate and support it.
The company culture is a motivating and uplifting one. The team is commercial-minded but with social values at heart. You will play a key role in building a team to successfully deliver significant building remediation project to ensure that all of Notting Hill Genesis housing’s stock is compliant with new fire safety regulations (EWS1). This is an opportunity that will provide you with the ability to progress and advance your career.
Purpose of the Head of Building Safety Remediation:
To manage remediation projects; delivering on cost, time and quality targets. Managing customer interaction. You will be responsible for managing a team of 8 with 2 senior direct reports. You will in turn report to the Director of Building Safety.
- Liaise with Building Safety Head of Regulation to review the survey programme, the stage of the review, and any investigation reports
- Report progress to BSRG, PAG and EB
- Ensuring that NHG meet all legislative and regulatory requirements for their buildings
- Responsible for the quality of the remediation work undertaken to ensure that buildings achieve building regulations retrospectively
- Endeavour to provide compliant EWS 1 forms prior to the completion of the works where possible
- Manage a close working relationship with the Head of Building Safety Regulation to aid the development of Building Safety Cases
- Build, establish and maintain excellent working relationships with contractors, local authorities and other external stakeholders
- Ensure excellent communications are in place with customers to keep them informed of timescales and any actions required
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Experience in delivering a programme of works through Project Managers
- Experience in managing and motivating external multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong experience in presenting to internal and external committees
- Understanding of the issues involved in fire safety, building safety cases and remediation projects and experienced in the management of the delivery of remediation programme from commencement to completion
- Comprehensive understanding of project management principles and risk analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate – Outlook, Word, Excel (to at least intermediate level)
If this position is of interest to you will need to supply your CV and a supporting statement (detailing your suitability for the role as outlined in the role profile). Please contact Austin for more information: 0203 056 0273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert closing date – Monday 08 February
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Asset management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Project management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Health and safety Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)