Head of Building Safety Regulation
Are you interested in working for one of London’s largest and most vibrant registered providers? Do you come from a building safety background? Have you worked for a medium /large housebuilder, housing association, local authority? Do you have experience leading teams on large capital works, regeneration or refurb projects? If the welfare and safety of tenants is at the heart of what you do then we have the ideal opportunity for you.
At deverellsmith we are delighted to have exclusively partnered with Notting Hill Genesis to assist them in the recruitment of the newly created position of Head of Building Safety Regulation. Notting Hill Genesis are a member of the G15 Housing Group and have over 65,000 homes across London and the south-east. With roots reaching back to the 1960’s they remain true to their original vision of housing west London’s working poor. The group continues to build affordable housing by working efficiently and reinvesting their commercial profits back into their business.
The company culture is a motivating and uplifting one. The team is commercial-minded but with social values at heart. You will play a key role in building a team to ensure all of Notting Hill Genesis housing stock is in scope, registered with Regulator for Building Safety and licensed for occupation. This is an opportunity that will provide you with the ability to progress and advance your career.
Purpose of the Head of Building Safety Regulation:
To manage building safety regulation making sure all buildings comply with requirements of the building safety licence. You will be responsible for managing a team 12 with 3 senior direct reports. You will in turn report to the Director of Building Safety.
- Liaise with Building Safety Head of Remediation to agree the intrusive survey programme, the stage of the review and review investigation reports
- Ensure that the investigation process is robust and stands up to scrutiny, with investigations undertaken in a timely manner
- Ensure that full due diligence information is pulled together on schemes to be that have been inspected and support the investigation report as it is handed over to the remediation team
- Ensure that information requests from Regulators (HSE, Local Authorities, Fire Brigades) is responded to in a timely way
- Ensure all relevant buildings are registered with the Regulator of Building Safety (RBS)
- Ensure building safety case for all relevant buildings are pulled to together and presented to the RBS to achieve the 5 yearly licence to occupy and ensure that there are effective systems in place to renew these in good time
- Put a system in place that allows the tracking of reactive, planned and cyclical repairs and there is a process in place to ensure that the works have not affected the safety of the building
- Liaise with original contractors to ensure that they engage and support the remediation
- Procure Contractors to undertake the intrusive process, including making good and costing any works required
- Respond to queries and complaints in a timely way
- Follow relevant Health and Safety policies and related procedures, keeping up to date with changes and taking action to maintain personal health and safety and that of others
- Undertake corporate responsibilities as required, including leading investigations and hearings in formal processes across the business
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Nebosh Certificate in Fire Safety (NGC1 & FC1&2) or equivalent.
- RICS qualified or working towards
- Membership of the IFE or willing to undertake pathways to
- Experience in managing and motivating external multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong experience in presenting to internal and external committees
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective IT skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, (to at least intermediate level)
If this position is of interest to you, please contact Austin to discuss this role on 0203 056 0273 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Asset management Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Project management Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Health and safety Head of services £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)