Tenancy Sustainment Officer
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you're looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council. With modern working practices where flexibility is commonplace and performance is measured on outcomes and results, alongside a generous holiday entitlement, you can experience a fulfilling job and great work-life balance.
Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
We are thinking differently about how to empower vulnerable adults in MK to build and sustain the skills they need to manage their tenancies. We are looking for people with outstanding people skills to work within a multi-disciplinary social care team of highly trained professionals. Applicants should have knowledge of relevant housing legislation and a flexible, creative approach to tenancy sustainment. Please note that this role is only open to applicants who have the right to work in the UK
- To act as a customer engagement champion, ensuring tenants are able to influence and scrutinise the services they receive.
- To provide specialist, individualised support and assistance to tenants with complex needs, including hoarding, regarding the sustainment of their tenancy.
- To provide advice and guidance to colleagues and ensure the Council complies with the Housing Acts, Homelessness Reduction Act and Health & Safety legislation.
- To support tenants by encouraging and facilitating their independence, enhancing their quality of life, health and well-being.
- To bring empathy and understanding to highly complex situations, working with the tenant and colleagues to generate plans which support a positive approach to managing risk.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Able to demonstrate expert knowledge of relevant housing legislation, including Housing Acts, Localism Act 2011, Housing & Planning Act 2016 and Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and all related statutory guidance.
- A good understanding of The Care Act.
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate to achieve positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to problem solve and manage complex situations, demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT and writing skills.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Tenant services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Tenancy representative Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes