Southern Housing Group are looking for care workers to provide high quality care and support to people living within their own homes in the Cowes, Newport, Ryde and Bay area, including our Extra Care scheme in Newport.
Applicants must have a clean driving licence and have access to a car. A generous mileage allowance of 45p per mile is paid as well as travel time.
In this role, you’ll be assisting customers with personal care, getting to appointments, light domestic duties, meal preparation and social outings and activities, promoting independence, choice and dignity.
You will be required to work flexibly on a rota basis covering early morning, afternoon and early evening calls.
No experience is necessary as we will provide you with a full induction and training to help you in the role.
This role is on a permanent contract basis, working 20 hours per week.
What we offer
• A very competitive starting salary of £9.30 per hour
• A company mobile phone
• Generous holiday entitlement
• Free training and induction provided as part of the role
• The ability to carry over annual leave, buy extra leave and sell excess leave
• Flexible working – covering weekdays, evenings and weekends
• A great pension scheme
• Access to various discount cards
• Cash claim-back on medical treatments
• Employee referral scheme
• Discounted rates on Wightlink ferries and FastCat crossings
• More information can be found on our careers page – https://www.shgroup.org.uk/about-us/build-your-career-with-us/
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in the UK and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a range of homes for people in housing need, including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
Along with being a housing association we provide care services and supported housing on the Isle of Wight. We help people live independently, either in their own homes or in one of our supported homes. We have a great deal of experience working with a diverse range of people with many different needs.
We aim to:
• Put our customers first and at the heart of everything we do
• Help our customers live as independently as possible and achieve their goals
• Ensure our customers are treated with dignity, compassion and respect
• Understand that each of our customers is an individual, with unique needs, preferences, and wishes
Our services meet or exceed regulatory guidelines and requirements and our experienced staff are trained to a high standard, subject to appropriate background checks.
“When I first started working at Southern Housing Group five years ago I wasn’t really sure which direction in life I wanted to go; since working for the group I have been given some amazing opportunities for both personal growth and career development. I can honestly say Southern Housing Group is a great place to work I have always had full support and encouragement from my managers which has given me that extra drive to succeed further within my career path pushing me to take on new and challenging opportunities; I feel that I am the perfect example of how a company can help an individual grow.”
Deputy Manager, Byrnhill Grove
For this role, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.