Assistant Finance Business Partner – SDS and HRA
“The Heart of a Town Lies in its People” and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do.
We are looking for an ambitious part CCAB qualified professional to join our Finance Business Partner Team. Reporting to the Finance Business Partner – SDS. The main responsibilities of the post holder will be to:
provide professional and expert accounting and technical service for the revenue, holding and control accounts for SDS, Environment and Planning & Regulatory services, HRA;
contributes to budget setting and the production of the annual budget book;
provide budget monitoring information to Managers;
produce financial information for reports written by officers of the council;
input into monthly Key Performance Information to the Senior Leadership Team;
contributes to the closure of the accounts by the statutory deadline;
line management responsibility for an Accountancy Assistant.
Successful candidates will:
- be part CCAB qualified accountant
- have local government experience
- have a good understanding of Environment, Planning & Regulatory and a Direct Service Organisation
- have some knowledge of an HRA
- need advanced computer skills, the ability to question and analyse data and to present it in a coherent and user friendly format.
- a flexible and motivated attitude and the ability to work unsupervised when necessary have a working understanding of finance packages
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Ellie Cannon on 01438 242595 or Keith Reynoldson on 01438 242403.
For an application pack and to apply online, please visit https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/job-vacancies
Applications must be returned by 5pm on 31st January 2021.
Interviews to be held virtually via Zoom on Monday 8th February 2021.
Please note that Stevenage Borough Council cannot accept CV’s, all applications must be made on the Council’s standard application form which can be found at the above link.
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board Safe Staffing Handbook 2010.
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click here.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage
- Corporate Services Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage
- Finance Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage
- Homes and Asset Management Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage
- Residential Development & Construction Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage