Senior Development Officer
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people. As a rapidly growing Housing Association, Hightown have an active programme to deliver over 1,000 new properties in the next 2 years.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Development Officer to join our busy Development team in Hemel Hempstead for someone who has the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
Who were looking for
- Could you evaluate new land opportunities?
- Do you have the experience of the financial appraisal of prospective new build residential projects along with the skills required to deal with land purchases and projects?
- Can you manage the delivery of key housing projects?
Were looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about housing development and delivery whilst understanding how a good home can transform residents lives and their communities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Motivated to deliver great homes and fantastic customer service
- Has experience of new build or refurbished property development
The successful candidate will be numerate and computer literate, with good skills in report writing. You will manage projects under your own initiative, while part of a good supportive team.
About the role
Hightown is one of the fastest growing housing association in the UK, increasing our total portfolio of properties by over 470 in the last year. You will be responsible for delivering development projects and building high quality homes in accordance with the Associations aims and objectives.
As a Senior Development Officer, you will support other members of the department in dealing with defects, administration and information and work with the Projects Manager to assist with the evaluation of new development opportunities and assess the financial viability of prospective schemes.
Based in pleasant offices, our `can-do` culture is lively and un-bureaucratic. Why not join us?
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90million and a development programme that will deliver around 500 new affordable homes each year.
Closing date: Sunday 7th February 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 16th February 2021
To apply for this position please complete an online application form.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire
- Design Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Hertfordshire