Head of Data and Analytics
Head of Data and Analytics
We are One Housing, and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
We truly value the benefits data and technology can offer to bring about positive change for customers and staff alike.
We can be described as friendly and fast-paced, loving what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality services we provide, seeking always to improve
We offer our colleagues a professional and collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career within a not- for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our I.T. Team as the Head of Data and Analytics
High quality data and smooth-running systems are essential to the success of a modern and agile organisation. This is particularly so for One Housing.
As a company that provides a broad range of products and services there is the ongoing challenge of providing data and insights that support continuous improvement and fresh business challenges.
We offer the opportunity to put your stakeholder engagement abilities, problem-solving skills and technical knowledge to fantastic use, in support of an organisation with a clear social purpose and strong values.
We value that we keep our promises; that we do a great job; that we value diversity; that we work together and that we always look for ways to improve. This is what makes us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Head of Data and Analytics based in Camden (or currently from home). Your responsibilities will include:
- Chairing the Information Governance Steering Group tasked with overseeing the deployment of the current Information Governance strategy. This includes liaising with stakeholders such data-owners and overseeing the training need of data-stewards, as well as co-steering the ongoing deployment of data management and reporting technologies.
- Chairing the Data Change Board tasked with change management across all data domains within the Group, including data that is crucial to the customer, thereby mitigating risks to customer safety and the disruption of essential services.
- Lead the Business Intelligence team which currently provides data, reporting and analytics to the Group. This team is a key contributor to the accurate and timely production of performance and regulatory reporting, as well as responsible for evidencing that data quality is being maintained across all our data domains.
More about Governance
- Oversee the implementation of the Information Governance strategy to drive value from and manage risks associated with One Housing data.
- Chair the Information Governance Steering Group to ensure effective use of information over the long-term.
- Chair the Data Change Management Board to ensure data quality standards are maintained and services are not disrupted.
- Develop and maintain Information Management Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure Data Architecture Principles are maintained (Eg less spreadsheets, use of master data management and appropriate data repositories)
More about Leadership
- Lead the Business Intelligence team such that it has the skills and capacity to develop and provide reports, analysis and data sets for the Group.
- Provide thought-leadership in terms of One Housing emerging as a data-driven organisation with increased use of data analytics.
- Oversee the management and development of the reporting and data management technologies within the Group.
- Lead the array of Subject Matters Experts in order to be effective in the role and as a team.
More Stakeholder management
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the BI team is always aligned to business needs.
- Champion Information Governance and Data Ownership across the Group.
- Co-create awareness and training initiatives to increase staff capability regarding all aspects of data management.
- Through stakeholder and peer engagement, track whether One Housing’s transformation roadmap is remaining aligned to the Information Governance strategy.
- Inform stakeholders in terms of the art-of-the-possible in terms of reporting, analysis and insights.
More about Team Management
- Design and implement strong demand management and solution delivery processes for BI requests.
- Ensure that Team development activities are aligned with the overall strategy and objectives of One Housing.
- Annually review and define future BI requirements via a thorough assessment of stakeholder needs.
- Informing budgets and objectives accordingly.
More about Delivery
- As per agreed deadlines, the BI team are required to deliver monthly departmental KPIs, compliance levels report, management accounts and service area activity tracking.
- Including regulatory compliance reporting, as well as providing enterprise-wide data quality reports and metrics.
- Enable data-driven decision making at pace, via repeatable and scalable mechanisms such as established metrics, reporting and review mechanisms.
- Overcome technical challenges in a cost-effective way, influencing the implementation of better tools, technologies and best practice.
More about Change and Transformation
- Understand the underlying business processes and be able to articulate why certain metrics and reports are priority.
- Support the development of compelling business cases to bid for resources.
- Ensure close engagement with other technology teams to maximise insights and value from new processes and platforms.
- Build forecasting models for our priority data domains, reporting on projected KPI performance, and thus enabling pre-emptive business action.
More about high priority Data Domains and the specific responsibilities of this role:
1. Asset Management Data
- Provide comprehensive stock data for One Housing and all its subsidiaries.
- Evidence triangulation of this One Housing stock data with all other stock records.
- Identify any anomalies in the triangulation, investigate and lead the resolution in a timely manner.
- Provide on demand a triangulated and reconciled stock reports to the Asset Compliance Group, Executive Team and the Group Board.
- Oversee the additions/ deletions to the stock list.
- Provide assurance that the compliance reports are reconciled across a comprehensive data-set at a property/component level to the Asset Compliance Group, Executive Team, and our Group Board.
- Prepare and supply regulatory and statutory stock reports regarding One Housing and its subsidiaries to One Housing Governance team.
2. Customer Data
- Provide assurance reports to Customer Service teams in terms of the quality of key data associated customers, e.g. data related to customer safety and risks, satisfaction, contact preferences and current service activity.
- Including assurance reporting, validating that automated digital services being provided to customers e.g. via MyOneHousing and our other digital channels.
3. Income and Property Management Data
- Provide assurance reports that data held in accordance business rules and data protocols associated with income and property management.
- Delivering and embedding change to make One Housing an efficient and effective organisation. This has been a focus for the last 3 years and Continuous Improvement is now at the heart of what we are doing to move to the next phase of the organisations development.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who demonstrates a friendly, positive demeanour. The successful candidate will:
- Have a solid track-record of leading Business Intelligence teams of up to 10 members,
- Managing budgets,
- Senior stakeholder engagement and liaison,
- Strategy and policy development,
- And being able to describe your successes within previous governance and oversight roles.
- Demonstrate having been able to drive real value from data,
- And of facilitating analysis, insights and forecasting via the systems and services you have managed,
- While having satisfied high-demand through effective communication with stakeholders and reliable delivery management.
- Have a deep understanding of best practise information governance and data management strategies,
- And of reporting, analytics and data management technologies (e.g. current Microsoft platforms)
- As well as of data architectures and integration concepts.
- Be able to apply Information and Data related legislation within a business context.
- Have an appropriate academic qualification or describe the knowledge you have acquired through your own experience .
Our Life@One benefit package offers you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £70,000-£85,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues.
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
More about us
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our I.T. team.