Interim Head of Service Charge
Interim Head of Service Charge
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
The One Housing Customer Services teams are friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality, service we deliver to all of our customers.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not- for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Customer Service team
Our Customer Services teams play a central role in achieving our vision. Our teams include our Customer Contact Centre and specialist teams like income collection, rent and service charges and resident management. Often acting as a first-point of contact for our customers, we prize our accountability, empathy and a genuine desire to be helpful and informative.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Interim Head of Service Charge. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for rent and service charge setting and managing the S20 process for the organisation, alongside managing partnerships with our managing agents and internal and external stakeholders. This is a strategically important role for the organisation, and you will be expected to lead on the delivery of a plan to reach the organisations aim of improving our customers experience in this area.
- Providing accurate and timely service charge and rents information to our customers that are in line with lease/tenancy requirements and legislation and protect the organisation from financial loss.
- Responsible for service charge and rent setting processes, with adherence to regulation and legislation providing assurance to senior management and the executive team.
- Maximise recovery of contracts and works which require S20 consultation and support the business through its requirements to comply.
- Report to the Director of Customer Operations as a Head of Service for the management of the Service Charge and Rents Managers.
- Deliver excellent and professional customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Meet customer satisfaction targets.
- Meet statutory, regulatory, compliance and risk requirements across the service.
- Lead on cross organisational working and support fellow Heads of Service.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, problem solving and dispute resolution.
- Provide management/business information, performance management data, and implement and maintain any IT systems and data.
- Play a positive part in delivering any change programmes and motivating and inspiring staff through changes.
- Staff engagement is key; help make One Housing a fun and flexible place to work.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will have:
- In depth experience of service charge estimating, billing and the production of annual accounts S20 consultation requirements and working with third party managing agents
- Ability to use IT systems to support the setting of accurate charges.
- Managing managers and a range of functions at Head of Service level.
- Wider understanding and insight into the customer and property management functions which attract a service charge.
- Ability to build effective links with all relevant stakeholders both within One Housing and externally.
- Commitment to delivering exemplary customer service.
- A continuous service improvement culture and problem-solving ability.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant professional qualification and/or membership.
- Ability to run a service in line with ‘lean’ principles and delivering value for money.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £61,000
- Length: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Customer Services team.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Head of services £60,000 - £69,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Head of services £60,000 - £69,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Central)
- Tenant services Head of services £60,000 - £69,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Central)