Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live. With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve this People Powered Living.
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who will be responsible for carrying out quantity surveying functions within the Metworks Commercial team including the repairs, void and disrepair contracts. You will also provide commercial insight and strategy to ensure business effectiveness and financial efficiency is achieved. This position can be based at either of our regional offices in Derby or Beeston in the Midlands, or Wembley or Clapham in London.
You will lead on the cost and value management through the life cycle of the Metworks contract in your region. You will be responsible for providing technical & commercial advice to maximise value from all asset management term contracts and technical standards.
You will also advise on compliance with technical and contractual conditions and propose improvements. You will model new ways the partnership contract could develop and provide information to support the most effective way to manage the contract. You will be required to liaise directly with the key stakeholders within Metworks and MTVH as well as Metworks contractors to ensure that the contract is achieving its intended goals with regard to financial and performance targets.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a qualification in a relevant field such as quantity Surveying or Contract Management
- Experience in working in a Quantity Surveying role in a social housing environment
- Experience in working in a Quantity Surveying role in a commercial environment
- A demonstrable track record of delivering service excellence to a customer base. A record of achievement in making a difference
- Good planning, budgeting, organising and prioritisation skills. Experience of keeping sound business records
- Strong report writing skills. A good standard of written business English and ability to use data and evidence to make a strong business case
- Able to interpret financial and other systems data, including large sets of repairs and cost data in Microsoft Excel
- Experience of using NATFED SOR codes, especially version 6
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Interview date: TBD
What you'll get in return
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you can benefit from our comprehensive in-house training to continue developing your skills. We offer excellent benefits, including:
- 28 days annual leave plus public holidays and an additional Belief Day, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Matched contribution pension scheme (up to 9%)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
- Life assurance scheme
- Paid volunteer days
- Plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a basic background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, once an offer of employment is made.