Finance Assistant Accountant – SDS and Planning & Regulatory
“The Heart of a Town Lies in its People” and at Stevenage Borough Council our people are at the heart of what we do.
We are looking for an ambitious AAT qualified professional to join our Finance Business Partner Team. Reporting to the Finance Business Partner – Stevenage Direct Services (SDS) and Planning & Regulatory. The main responsibilities of the post holder will be to:
provide accounting and technical assistance for the revenue, holding and control accounts for Stevenage Direct Services (SDS) and Planning & Regulatory services;
contribute to budget setting and the production of the annual budget book;
provide budget monitoring information to Managers;
produce supporting financial information for reports written by officers of the council;
undertake monitoring and provide projections on the SBC utility budgets
monitor the budgetary performance of the Vehicle Repair Shop and fleet vehicles, including recharges and fuel inflation
Successful candidates will:
- be AAT qualified
- have local government experience
- have a good understanding of Environment, Planning & Regulatory and a Direct Service Organisation
- have advanced computer skills, the ability to question and analyse data and to present it in a coherent and user friendly format.
- have a flexible and motivated attitude and the ability to work unsupervised when necessary
- have a working understanding of finance packages
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
·Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants ·Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements. ·Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated. ·A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
·Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport ·Cycle to Work scheme ·Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans. ·Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC) ·Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL ·Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an application pack and to apply online, please visit https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/job-vacancies
Applications must be returned by 23:00 on 28th February 2021.
Interviews to be held virtually via Zoom on Tuesday 9th March 2021.
Please note that Stevenage Borough Council cannot accept CV’s, all applications must be made on the Council’s standard application form which can be found at the above link.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Ellie Cannon on 01438 242595
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click here.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Partner £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage
- Finance Partner £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage
- Homes and Asset Management Partner £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage
- Residential Development & Construction Partner £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Stevenage