bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
We are passionate that our Residents have safe and secure homes in which to live, and our fantastic Home team work closely with them to ensure their tenancies can be sustained. Building relationships, engaging with the communities in which we work and upholding our responsibilities as a good landlord.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Officer to cover the Bedfordshire area.
What you will be doing:
- Providing tenancy and neighbourhood management services
- Reviewing tenants circumstances and making recommendations in respect of future housing options
- Advising tenants of their housing options so they can make informed choices at the end of their tenancies
- Reducing debt owed in rent and service charges
- Managing cases of antisocial behaviour and breaches of tenancy or lease agreements
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience from within a housing officer role or a role managing a caseload of vulnerable service users
- The ability to plan and prioritise a busy work schedule
- A confident approach who can work independently but also reach out to colleagues where necessary
- The drive to complete training remotely
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels even during difficult situations
- Knowledge or Orchard and / or CRM (advantageous)
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
Amongst what we offer you is:
- £27,500 plus £2000 car allowance
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a basic DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
Closing date Sunday 28th February.
Interview date Tuesday 2nd and Friday 5th March.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Care and support Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Revenues / benefits Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire