Support Worker - Ardenham House, Aylesbury
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a part time Support Worker at our homeless service, Ardenham House, in Aylesbury. The role will be working Saturday and Sunday each week from 10am to 6pm.
The scheme is commissioned to provide a first stage accommodation for 9 individuals who are currently street homeless. The focus of the service is to provide the required support and advice to equip the clients with the skills to maintain a tenancy and for those you support to look for permanent housing, employment and bring a focus back to their lives within a safe environment.
As a support worker you will be responsible for assessing individual need and developing agreed support plans to ensure we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs and supports their aspirations. You will also be required to follow risk assessments as well as contribute to risk management planning.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of providing support to vulnerable people
- Provided advice, guidance and support to homeless individuals
- Positively engage with and sustain appropriate relationships with individuals who are often unwilling to engage with services
- Deliver practical housing related support through structured link work
- Work on own initiative and as a part of a team
- Act calmly and respond professionally in stressful and difficult situations
- Work predominately 10am to 6pm shifts over a 7-day period (to be agreed)
We welcome applications from people who have experienced homelessness.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £8,838pa plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Support Worker job description.
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £0 - £9,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury