Senior Neighbourhood Officers
We are looking for a Senior Neighbourhood Officer to join our Housing team. The main purpose of the this role is to trouble-shoot complex ASB, complaints and other tenancy management cases and lead on continuous improvement plans. In addition, you will act as a Key Liaison for a Managing Agent and any other services provided under the management agreement.
This is a newly created role and a great chance for someone looking to make their mark and take the next step in their career journey. The Neighbourhood team is a small with 4 generic Neighbourhood Officers, operating across 13 London boroughs and managing a stock of approximately 900 units. The team have been through a period of instability and the role provides an opportunity to adopt innovative and creative ideas to performance improvement strategies. The post has no direct line management and so provides an opportunity for a candidate wanting to develop their coaching and project management skills.
In this role your main responsibilities will include:
- To take ownership and responsibility for any service-related expressions of dissatisfaction complaints / queries from customers ensuring that the customer experience is positive, professional and within set timescales always.
- To coach and mentor Neighbourhood Officers to establish solutions and act as trouble-shooter for all complex ASB, Complaints and other tenancy management cases across the team.
- Contribute to the drafting of continuous improvement plans for the function and monitor and drive progress to get these plans delivered.
- Work with the Officers to explore ways to hear and include the customer voice in line with Customer Engagement delivery plans
- To provide support, supervision and induction of all volunteers and interns in the team.
- To identify and develop key partnerships that add value for customers in each of the boroughs of operation e.g. Debt Advice , CAB , Age UK etc, DWP.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong experience of Social Housing Management.
- Experience preparing and presenting cases to Court for breach of tenancy including DIY possession procedures.
- Experience of effective management of rent arrears.
- Working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation and procedure relating to both general tenancy and other tenures.
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills to liaise with residents to reduce debt.
Benefits: 27 days’ holiday, buy and sell annual leave programme, Perkbox, health cash plan and more
Candidates interested in applying should attach a cover letter outlining how they meet the essential criteria specified in the job ad as well as how they think they meet Housing for Women’s EPIC values.
Housing for Women supports women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 85 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
Please also be aware of and follow Housing for Women’s policies and procedures, with particular attention to health and safety, data protection, equality and diversity and customer service excellence. To further your development and knowledge you will be expected to attend training as necessary.
Housing for Women reserves the right to amend this role profile as necessary, after consultation with the post holder, to reflect changes in or to the role.
To apply for the role of Senior Neighbourhood Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Community & Housing Officer, Housing Officer, Senior Housing Officer, Community & Neighbourhood Manager, or Community Officer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Care and support Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Social Care Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)