We are looking for a creative and motivated Digital Storyteller to join our Customer Experience teams, whilst you will be embedded within our Retirement Living & Wellbeing services you will work together with our broader Customer Voice and Influence Team.
You will be using digital media tools to enable and promote digital inclusion and give voice to Stonewater Retirement Living customers. Working with customers individually and in small groups to tell their stories and the stories that matter to them, creating user generated photographic, video and audio content capturing the voice of customers, telling their stories and documenting experiences that are important to them.
We are looking for someone to bring curiosity and creativity to the role able to champion and promote the use of everyday digital media tool amongst customers and colleagues.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. That feeling that everyone around you is pulling together to get things done, when we work together we are unstoppable – they’re all part of life at Stonewater.
A career at Stonewater is a rewarding one and provides you with the opportunity to bring your individuality and skills to an organisation which embraces change and is open to new ideas. We believe that recruiting and retaining the right people is vital for our success.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that our customers, colleagues, contractors and other partners are central to our success and that we work in a diverse society. We acknowledge not only our legal, but also our moral responsibility to ensure all groups have equality of opportunity.
We also offer you the chance to be part of an organisation rated as ‘One Star in the 2020 Best Companies survey for the second consecutive year, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Our promise to you
At Stonewater we believe nothing is impossible. We’re driven by our mission, vision and values and inspire others to always strive to succeed. This passion and determination is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where being individuals is embraced and recognised.
So, if you want to make a real difference to people's lives and want to have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
For more information, visit our website at www.stonewater.org/careers
- To work with groups of Stonewater customers virtually and face to face workshops, building their interest and confidence to engage digitally using digital media as a catalyst;
- Over time to engage customers who may be reluctant or resistant to trying digital media tools
- To work with groups of Stonewater customers to give voice to the stories and issues that matter to them working through digital media;
- Taking a lead in the filming, editing and production of short films and audio content and generation of digital media content;
- To develop a portfolio of digital media content generated with Stonewater customers to be used internally and externally;
- Develop initiatives that promote and support customers to increase their use of online Stonewater self-serve functions;
- Collaborating with colleagues within the Customer Voice & Influence Team to maximise the impact and connectivity of this project.
- Working with colleagues to Identify local charitable funding sources to secure funding that would enhance Stonewater digital inclusion activity across retirement living and older adults in the community.
- To contribute in the recruitment and support of Digital Ambassadors within retirement living;
- Identify safeguarding issues with older adults and use appropriate reporting mechanisms.
The ideal candidate:
- A broad understanding of digital media technology and its benefits to users;
- Knowledge of cameras, audio, lighting, and video capture hardware, and their usage
- Demonstrable understanding of the issues, challenges and opportunities experienced by older people
- A highly motivated and committed self-starter with strong organisational and digital media skills, with a passion to deliver both innovative services and exceptional customer service with minimal supervision;
- Be able to produce, direct and edit videos to a high standard working on multiple projects at any one time.
- Skilled in Adobe CC (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate information clearly, confidently and effectively with ability to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrable Strong organisational skills and effective decision maker;
- Ability to adapt style and approach to meet the needs of the recipient;
- Thinks practically and logically, using a solution focussed approach to overcoming problems/issues;
- Be able to identify safeguarding issues and use appropriate reporting mechanisms
- Demonstrable experience of Filming / Editing / Motion Graphics and photography, ideally with a relevant degree and experience.
- Experience of effective, accountable and consistently delivered excellent customer service to internal and external customers;
- Able to work with individuals to improve their digital skills;
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and flexibly including working outside normal working hours
- A full driving licence valid in the UK
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?