About the vacancy
Are you a highly meticulous and proactive coordinator who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to play a key role in attracting and selecting the best talent for Origin Housing?
This is an exciting time to join a fun, friendly and driven team, gain exposure and potentially develop a career within HR & Talent. You will be ambitious and keen to learn whilst supporting our managers with the recruiting processes to attract the best talent.
This is a challenging and rewarding role working for a growing People Team within a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation.
Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for meticulous and proactive Talent coordinator who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You want to play a key role in attracting and selecting the best talent for Origin Housing. You will be ambitious and keen to learn whilst supporting our managers with the recruiting processes to attract the best talent. This role will also provide HR experience so you will be a key member of the team.
This is a great opportunity for applicants to get exposure to recruitment projects which support to develop the employer brand. This role calls for a high degree of initiative, judgement, accuracy, confidentiality and discretion. You need to take ownership of delivering multiple recruitment campaigns until the successful candidate has been placed. As someone who wants to progress, we will help you develop a wide range of skills – we are a supportive team who values your professional development.
What you’ll do
Take the lead
- You will work with line managers and the People Team on attraction and selection strategies and building excellent working relationships with hiring managers
- Conduct briefing sessions with Hiring Managers to ensure recruitment requirements and timescales are documented and fully understood by all parties
Give your time
- Work with the hiring managers to implement new role profiles
- Mentor and help interns within the People Team
- Provide recruitment and selection best practice advice and guidance to customers and colleagues including administration of Assessment tests
Bring people together
- Assist with identifying issues affecting recruitment and implementing recruitment activities to continuously improve processes.
- Keeping the HR Database updated with new starters, leavers and changes as instructed
Come forward with a can-do attitude
- Work in partnership with the Talent Acquisition Manager to schedule prepare for and coordinate talent projects and assessments to exceptional levels of quality delivery
- Responding in a timely manner to all incoming requests, from both candidates and our stakeholders
Go the extra, extra mile
- Keep the HR Database updated with new starters, leavers and changes as instructed
- Provide cover for to People Coordinator to carry out duties such as payroll working with the People Manager
What you’ll need
- Demonstrable experience of managing volume end to end recruitment process across a diverse customer base
- Experience or ability to take minutes/notes for complex subject matters
- Knowledge and experience of providing a positive candidate journey throughout the full process
- Ability to work and manage conflicting deadlines with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with a strong customer focus
- Experience of delivering high levels of customer service
- Professionalism, organisation, and project management skills
- Ability to face challenges proactively and be comfortable and confident dealing with a diverse range of customers
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
Closing date: 07/03/2021
Interview and assessment date: w/c 8 March 2021