Director of Homes and Places
With 10,000 homes, Chelmer Housing Partnership (CHP) is one of the largest housing associations in Essex. It has an ambitious new strategy with a mission to transform lives by helping solve the housing crisis and putting customers at the heart of its business.
CHP has established a strong reputation of delivering homes of exceptional quality and finish, to rent or buy, through shared ownership and affordable homes for outright sale. Working closely with residents, local authorities, Private and Public Sector and other charitable agencies, CHP is continuously looking to improve the services they offer to address the social needs of the market.
As the incoming Director of Homes and Places, together with the Group Board and as a member of CHP’s Leadership Team, you will drive forward our corporate strategy and develop an active asset management system and a ‘customer first’ approach to repairs. You will also play a key role in the organisations strategy on carbon management to ensure energy efficiency of existing assets.
- Lead the delivery of the Asset Management, Repairs, Carbon Management and Regulatory & Statutory Building Compliance Management Strategies;
- Manage the workload of the functions, allocating projects, set/monitor targets and evaluating work and providing clear strategic direction;
- Lead the formulation, management and continuous improvement of asset investment and cyclical works programmes in line with the Corporate Plan, utilising robust and comprehensive stock condition data.
- Lead the formulation, management and continuous improvement customer health & safety obligations in respect of Regulatory & Statutory Building Compliance Management programmes
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team to help influence and shape the strategic agenda and deliver operational plans.
- To provide clear leadership and direction, developing and continually improving policies, procedures, systems, skills and resources.
- To develop a culture of cross-organisational working, which recognises and exploits the interdependencies and connections between asset management, repairs, customer health & safety and carbon management with the responsibilities of the Customer Services and development directorates and functions.
- Degree level education or equivalent through relevant training/experience.
- Substantial experience at senior management level within housing, managing large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven relationship builder and influencer with stakeholders.
- Proven experience and understanding of the carbon agenda.
- Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework applicable to CHP and the key risk areas across its business activities.
- An ability to recognize, develop and effectively promote new opportunities for CHP.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/82121
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Tom Neely on +44 7384717939 or Tom.Neely@berwickpartners.co.uk
Closing date for applications: 22nd March 2021
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Essex
- Housing / neighbourhood management Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Essex
- Tenant services Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Essex
- Homes and Asset Management Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Essex
- Asset management Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in Essex