Specialist Housing Manager
Specialist Housing Manager
Head Office @ Rudgeway near Bristol
Based at Head Office with travel between sites.
SALARY: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
REPORTING TO: Head of Housing Services
Elim Housing Association is a provider of housing and support services in the West of England and Gloucestershire. Elim’s aim is to provide services that provide a platform for growth, enabling our customers to achieve their aspirations. In this way, we make our homes truly life changing by ensuring that our service has a positive impact long after a person has left Elim accommodation.
Elim are looking for a Housing Manager to lead on delivery of our specialist housing services, including Gypsy and Traveller sites and homes for those moving on from homelessness. Experience as a generic or specialist housing manager or team leader is essential.
Our vision is to meet housing need and deliver homes that change people’s lives. If you share our ambition and are committed to using your extensive housing management experience to deliver excellent services to our residents and partners, then this could be the perfect role for you. We are as committed to the development of our colleagues as we are to our residents.
Elim CARES Values were created in partnership with our customers, staff, Board and other stakeholders, and they represent our commitment to how we deliver our services and work together successfully:
C - Customers First – Customers are at the heart of our services and decision making.
A - Aspirational and Accountable – We are ambitious for our customers, staff and stakeholders. We work with integrity, learn from mistakes and do what we say we will.
R - Results – We work hard and deliver great results for our customers and for Elim.
E - Everyone’s view matters – We listen to understand, improve and build our services
S - Supportive – We tackle challenges head on and inspire each other to achieve our potential.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, manage, coach, and develop your team to achieve performance targets and deliver an excellent service in all aspects of housing management.
- Deliver and monitor a high-quality inspection regime for all sites covered by the role, providing assurance to local authority partners and commissioners.
- Effectively manage the delivery of service contracts, liaising with and providing assurance as required to partners.
- Develop new partnerships and nurture existing ones to continuously improve service delivery for our residents.
What you will need to be successful:
- A minimum 5-years’ experience in a housing management role, including management of empty homes, income maximisation, arrears management and antisocial behaviour etc.
- Experience of designing and implementing new processes or systems to improve service delivery.
- Previous experience of line management.
- Experience of working with hard to reach and diverse communities.
Elim employees benefit from:
- 25 days annual holiday rising to 30 days.
- Company pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Annual bonus subject to company performance.
- Health cash plan, which includes discounts to a wide range of shops and services.
- Onsite gym at Head Office
- Free onsite car parking at Head Office and other sites
How to apply:
For more details on the role and to apply please visit our website.
Please Note: We are only able to accept applications submitted via our website.
If you need any assistance with your application, please contact HR.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Sara Bennett, Head of Housing Services on 01454 411172 or email S.Bennett@elimhousing.co.uk
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 14th March 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 25th March 2021
Elim values having a workforce as diverse as the residents we work with. We welcome and support applications from all sections of the community.