Treasury Asset Analyst
bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Our Residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the core of everything we do at bpha. With every employee playing an important part in ensuring we continue to provide them with excellent customer service and maintaining our role as a responsible landlord.
To support these objectives, we are looking for a Treasury Asset Analyst to work with the Asset & Liability Controller to ensure the property asset register is accurate to enable the provision of monthly reporting and to meet bpha regulatory requirements, particularly with the Statistical Data Return.
What you will be doing:
- Working with the Group Treasurer to develop a strong understanding of the Treasury Management Model, including cash flow, loan administration and Treasury Reporting.
- Providing analysis on statutory returns, understanding and researching the RSH guidance, bpha rent policy and relevant legislation.
- Preparing and providing analysis regarding compliance to the Rent Standard, ensuring proper controls are in place.
- Engaging with the Business, ensuring the Asset & Liability register and index is up to date.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience of the preparation of treasury reports to Senior Management and external partners.
- The ability to effectively understand and interpret statutory regulation and legislation.
- IT literacy including Microsoft Excel and Word along with the ability to use technology to accurately analyse large volumes of data.
- A methodical approach, attention to detail and the ability to think analytically, critically review and apply logical problem-solving skills.
- The knowledge to champion and promote new ideas that contribute to the aims and meet business needs.
- A background in the housing/property sector may be beneficial.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- £33,000 - £35,000
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date - 12 March 2021
Interviews will take place throughout the recruitment campaign
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
*The role will initially be based from home due to the pandemic but office work will resume once it is safe to do so.